My Blog List

Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog 1 : The Cave and I


The Cave and I. Blog #1

                I us-to believe when I was about 13 years old, that Reincarnation was what happened to someone after death. A theory that when one passes away their soul is carried to another body or shell and brought back to life again in a different form or being of the same species. Reincarnation is a popular belief, and I follow that line of thinking, up until about a year ago.
                As the years went on I thought more and more about it. I contemplated that no matter how practical and simple reincarnation can be. I discovered that it’s not possible. Millions of people are born every day. And only so many people are dying at the same time. These thoughts changed the way I saw reincarnation both as a belief and as a substitute for what death really was. I now believe that everyone has only one life in this universe, and that once someone passes away, they are gone forever. Whether they go somewhere else is a different story.
                I have lived in the cave of this belief for a while, however I still remain in this cave. Since I will never know, nor fully understand death, and what happens after death, I am still left in the dark with only a belief to clutch onto.  As far as my life here on this earth, I along with everyone else is stuck in this planetary sized cave, because none of us know what death is, and what happens after one dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment